Trefor Evans “A unifying theory for visualizing the causes of hair breakage and subsequent strategie
View Trefor Evans’ Presentation on “A unifying theory for visualizing the causes of hair breakage and subsequent strategies for mitigation” (originally presented at the 29th IFSCC Congress in Orlando, FL on October 30-November 2, 2016)
29th IFSCC Congress – Orlando, FL (October 30th – November 2nd 2016)
TRI was represented at this large recent meeting by Director of Research, Dr. Trefor Evans who gave a podium presentation in the Hair Care Technology session entitled “A unifying theory for visualizing the causes of hair breakage and subsequent strategies for mitigation”.
This was a truly international event which attracted approximately 2,000 participants. Technical presentations were spread over 12 sessions and comprised 82 podium presentations. There were also over 300 posters and a vendor exhibition hall.
In addition to Trefor’s presentation, the Hair Care Technology session contained the following 6 topics:
· Investigation of scalp skin disorders induced by physical and psychological stresses for a new approach to scalp skin care product – Kaori Saito, Mandom Corp.
· Evaluation of high lightness and low damage bleach for hair by AFM-IR – Yuki Nakamura, General Research & Development Institute, Hoyu Co., Ltd.
· Observation of hairs in various countries using synchrotron radiation imaging – Kosuke Watanabe, Milbon Central Research Institute.
· Addressing the epidemic of para-phenylenediamine sensitization by going forward into the past – Catherine Cartwright-Jones, Kent State University.
· New targets in the battle against dandruff – Estelle Long, Lucas Meyer Cosmetics.
· Flexible and elastic behavior in beautiful hair – Mikako Ezure, Kao Corporation.
If you missed Trefor’s presentation (or would like to hear it again), please click here.
Dr. Trefor Evans (left) with Dr. Roger McMullen at the 29th IFSCC Congress in Orlando, FL